View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 AM
NZNV
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: If its got wings I'll fly it

Originally Posted by serhito View Post
Just curious. Are you better off financially bidding 7/7 and picking up overtime, or 18 days schedule ? Is there a lot of overtime available ?

Also, I am not sure I understand the fundamental difference between the 15 days and 18 days schedule. Could someone explain ? and don't say that the difference is 3 days

Thank you.
*Read post below* The 15 day actually pays a higher daily rate because it is a flexible schedule and the company can move your days around. You can't have a trip longer than 5 days and then you have to have 3 days off after the 5. The 18 day is fixed and you have your schedule by the 15th the month prior. The way to get extra money is not getting home by midnight, so if you want the most money pick our base with the worst WX, SYR comes to mind as a top choice. Also work your schedule to work all of the holidays. You can also do contract work on the side, you will be typed in your fleet and can fly part 91 on your days off. There was an offer to fly a N# CE-750 out of DNMM for $1500/day all expenses paid for the brave ones.

Last edited by NZNV; 08-14-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: I messed up