View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Airman
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Thanks Rick, I called Oak. City and asked them why they were asking me to send a copy of the court documents over a year after I applied for a medical. They told me that they weren't aware of it until I made a recent request to correct the way my name appears on the medical certificate.

He stated that "a criminal background is a medical background and thus part 67.413 applies to their request", which I am going to have throw the B.S. flag on. He told me that I need to send them a personal statement of what happened if I can not get court records.

As for working in the States with a criminal background, I am a citizen of a European country so I have a clean sheet over there. I am only working on my ratings here to move back. Unfortunately I got into a fight with someone and was charged with battery while being here.

I just don't think a criminal background should be look at as a "medical history". Two different terms, which terminologically mean different things. If they want to make sure I am mentally stable they should look up my medical records or send me to a shrink or Psychiatrist.

Thanks for your input.