Thread: Air Force Life
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 07:51 PM
gsu50
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: C-17 AC; 767 FO

The T-1 is alright, I will tell you that flying with students will make you a better pilot. Mainly because you've got a guy with next to no experience flying a "heavy" feeling jet and it can get up and move. Which means that if you are off your game, bad things can spiral out of control quickly.

I've heard some rumor about how pilot training is going to change over the next few years and the T-1, and T-38 for that matter will merely be a "Top-off" program with most of the work being done in the T-6. With all the *****in from the T-6 guys do about the lack of durability of the Texan, I'm not so sure that would be a good idea.......so I'm sure the Air Force will do it. Cause if it don't make sense, the Air Force will do it....reference F-22.

But in all seriousness this is a pretty good gig. I'm single and from the West Coast, so I'm a tad biased, but I hate ENID, OK. This town is horrible for us single folk (unless you are looking to hook up with some single mom with 3 kids). For families, I've heard it is a much better experience. I was non-vol'd to this also, so again I'm biased. I'd rather be out contributing to the operations environment.