View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Duke
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Viper Driver
Default Email Craze

Originally Posted by CAFB 04-12
... I don't know what companies make their pilots do besides fly, but in the Air Force you are also an officer-pilot which means OPRs, EPRs, AFIs, OIs, and lots of email. I sure love the flying part of my job, though.

BTW, gsu50, I have thought a lot about going back to the T-1 after my first KC-135 assigment. Do you enjoy it or would you have rather stayed as an IP in your MDS?

Chad

Chad,

Bro, I hear you about the e-mail. I often wonder what the hell AF pilot's did in the pre-computer/email days. I spend so much time responding to emails and taskers from email's that it drives me nuts! You almost can't keep up.

Imagine that.....a boss that is only one email away from tasking you to do more work....and now they have "blackberries" that allow them to "task" you at every whimsical thought, 24/7. Hey, for any you young guys out there currently active duty that want to "rise-up" to boycott this computer in every office thing, I'm game. We need to get back to people skills....and dare I say it....have meetings to conduct business, not emails.

What in the hell did all the old farts do without computers???? I know....they used a typewriter, white-out, and maybe even a secretary, and then they went to play golf. Ahhhhh, if I only had been born about 10-15 years earlier. [standby for old farts starting off with "youngster, when I was in...."] I'm just kidding.... I want to hear how it was so I can dream please.

Duke