Gets Weekends Off
SabreDriver
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2006
  • Position
    The Right One
Quote: I am supposed to fly out to work tomorrow evening, but due to Hurricane Fay, it looks as though there is a distinct possibility that flights won't be leaving. I am going to try to leave earlier in the day, but if all the flights are canceled, I am screwed. With no commuter clause, my only protection is to call in sick. This will be my 4th sick call in almost 15 months of employment. Is that excessive?
DUDE..... Is this really a serious question?

Since you asked..... You are scheduled to be at work tomorrow, you know the weather is crap, you have known it was going to be crap, Fay has been right on its forcast track of most of a week.... you make no mention of trying to get out today.... 4 sick calls in "almost 15 months", DUDE... at my airline, you'd already be gone, unless you had a real "medical" problem, which is quite easy to verify. At just 15 months at the company, that probably translates to just about 12 months on the line, 4 sick calls means about 1 every 3 months. What are you gonna do if you actually get "sick."

Not showing up for work at most places will get you a trip to the "Principal's office," as it should. Why don't you let us know if you get the paddle, or the "boot" during your visit.