View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Ferd149
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA

acl,

I've done both MSP and DTW from DFW (and MEM for what it's worth), and I think MSP is the easiest. More flight a day to MSP and it's the same time zone ,which as you know going to ATL is big going to work the same day as the trip. At the moment we have 6 a day to MSP (2 busses and 4 rjs) and then AA runs 6 MD80s or 737 up also. Another advantage to MSP is AA and NWA wingtip each other to DTW which makes jumping between terminals almost impossible, but MSP is spread out a little more so getting over to A or C is do-able. Last, but not least, there seems to be less commuters to MSP due to less of that premium widebody flying in MSP <grin>.

On a down note, looks like the fall will be 5 rjs and only 1 bus to MSP. Hopefully the new Delta will actually put some seats back into DFW and at least attempt to compete with AA.

The problem is we can't book the rj jumpseats in advance which ups the stress level some. However, over the years (8 to MSP) I've only called in honest twice, and one of those I really didn't need to (good bar story....to involved for here).

What are you on that your thinking MSP? We get most of the 757 Asia stuff there if that enters into your thinking. Great/laidback flying out there.

PM me if ya like with more questions.

Ferd