View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Hawaii50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left

You know I can't believe they're even thinking of moving aircraft right away. That to me shows a complete lack of foresight on the effects of the merger on the employee group. It's not just about making every last dollar. This merger will have the biggest single career impact on the lives of both companies employees and they want to make it more disruptive?

85% percent of pilots will already be angry no matter how the SLI comes out and then you want to move their equipment and bases? The fact is that most people live near a base and fly what they want now. They're not going to move, they don't want to go to training for 6 weeks, and they sure don't want to be forced into the biggest QOL killer there is, commuting. The only smart way to do this is to leave status quo as much as possible initially and fly the trips with current bases and crews. The stuff being discussed results in a angry, disgruntled employee group and a very bad start for the combined company if you ask me. I hope management is not as short-sighted as it sounds.

Last edited by Hawaii50; 08-20-2008 at 07:32 AM.