Thread: Avantair
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 08:42 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

[quote=GlasssPilot;448948]As far as getting the call based on if you live near a base;

I would say that if you DON'T live near a gateway and you are willing to relocate to a gateway then you need to make that VERY obvious on your resume.

It's a bit of a non-starter if you live in bfe and can't report for duty. With that said we just got a commuter policy that allows crashpads, relatives and the sort...so it's possible I guess. I'm not very familiar with how it works as when I was hired we had to live in our gateway (2 hour drive anyway).

GlasssPilot -

Do you know how it would work if you were presently living in a city that wasn't a gateway but upon your getting hired you were going to be moving to a gateway. You say above to make it plainly obvious that this is the case. I would assume that they are use to seeing former military guys and they would understand that we may not currently live near a gateway but understand the *old* condition to live within two hours. Other than this - how do you suggest making it obvious to them? Do you mean including a line "Willing to relocate" for instance?

USMCFLYR