View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 12:29 PM
willisium
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Default The all powerful ADHD denial

First time poster, kinda long time reader!
Yep, I think I just got my FAA medical denial today. The AME( who I have lost some faith with after the current events) said the FAA will contact me with the reasons I was denied, but I have been somewhat preparing for this for a while knowing that the ADHD thing was going to be an issue. Little background, I signed up mid term for an aviation science program at the local community college. The advisor and I at the close of the term decided we would talk about the FAA medical over the summer, (didn't happen until now). So I decided to go on my own and get moving on it since school starts next week. The AME says that the ADHD will DQ me for now. I haven't takin' any drugs for atleast 2 years, and last term my grades were all A's. My question is now, how and what hoops am I gonna have to jump threw to get this cleared up. Ways of going about it, have the guy who gave me the sentence of "ADHD" say he misdiagnosed me if possible or say I'm cured. Anyone else who has dealt with this experience and lived to tell please let me know. Thanks.