View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 AM
mooney
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CL-65 captain

Originally Posted by MD340 View Post
I agree we need representation!!! However we need a union that will represent us, THE COLGAN PILOTS and not have any aliegence to the Pinnacle pilots.
ALPA cannot represent us without worring about what the pinnacle pilots want!!!
ALPA made a big mistake with US AIR when they did not favor the bigger pilot group and US AIR voted them out. It cost ALPA over 10 million per year. If ALPA were to represent Colgan they would always favor the bigger pilot group which happens to be pinnacle. They are not going to make that mistake again.

The scope language that the Pinnacle pilot group wants to put into their new contract will limit us Colgan Pilots to flying Aircraft with 34 seats and that is one of the issues that the mgm is fighting. If the Colgan pilots were to be represented by ALPA I do not think the management would care who was flying the aircraft and let the pinnacle pilots have them and ALPA will again favor the bigger pilot group and that will leave us with just the SAABs.

There are just to many issues between the two pilot groups that will at some point have to be addressed to have one union reperesenting both of us.

ALPA will do for Colgan what ALPA did for US Air
Gosh that almost sounds like a comspiracy theory along the lines of TWA 800 or 9/11! So you don't want allegiance to/with the Pinnacle pilots? Hate to break it to ya but the work of the pinnacle pilots is the reason you have Q's, which, by the way, I don't know of ANYBODY here that wants to take them away from you and have 9e pilots flying them .
The reason you need ALPA and not the international association of paper-sizzors-rock players is so WE CAN be UNIFIED, not ALIENATED by management.