View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 05:54 PM
yacko
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ 900 F/O

You need to do a FBI background check on yourself!! Go to this link Federal Bureau of Investigation - Criminal Justice Information Services Division - FBI Identification Record Request and follow the instructions. Basically you have to print out a form and fill it out. Go to a local police station and have them make you a fingerprint card. Then send the card and the form in with payment. In 3-4 weeks you will have in your hand exactly what the airlines will have..arrests, charges, convictions, dispositions, etc.. This is all they get and so just list what is on there. You may also want to get a copy of your driving record from the National Drivers Register. It is free and takes ten business days to receive. Go to their site, print the form, fill it out and mail it in, Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation. All you will get back is a paper that says "no record found" or it will list a state(s) saying there is some kind of record there. Go to the DMV in that state and get a copy of the record that an employer can see and then you know what to tell the airline because you know exactly what they will see. This is the exact process the airlines use, I've been through it. Got a lot of info. from a lot of people but when it came down to it, this is exactly what the airlines do. Do yourself a favor and know in advance exactly what they will find out, this way you are prepared. Good luck and any questions let me know, I went through this..