View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

Originally Posted by LivingInMEM View Post
Once you're in the FAIP pool, who knows where you'll shake out as far as preferences go - could be that you **** off the CC over the next 3 years and get that UAV anyway.
Yeah that scares me too. During my final feedback in Phase II my flight commander told me that "I definitely don't like to kiss a$$", but my peers ranked me high and I had great scores so I ended up still ranking high. He definitely said playing the game wasn't my strong point and that's something I should work on. He was cool about it though and liked that I was a no bs "straight shooter", but made it clear to try and change that in Phase III.

So yeah that might not help me receive a good assignment out of my FAIP tour and is ultimately one of the big reasons why I don't plan on doing 20 years of AD. Honestly I joined the Air Force to fly fighters and kill as many f'ng terrorists as I could, but now that I won't be able to do that I think I'd rather at least pass gas to the guys that are dropping the bombs, have a ton of fun along the way, and not give a damn about SOS, OPR bullets, or any of that BS for the next 10 years then hopefully a guard/reserve unit would like to take me on as part of their team. I know it's the wrong attitude to have and everyone should be a "company' man, but I just can't buy into it. Sorry, I digress...