Old 08-31-2008, 07:59 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default I was goiing to mention

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Learflyer -

I hear you on this. The problem with me on this is that I can't do the TYPE of flying that I want to do unless I'm doing it for someone else Owning 20 acres of land and flying when I want to would be fun if all I wanted to do was to take my light twin (like I could even afford that!) for a cruise down the beach to a nice dinner (weekend) somewhere for example; but at this point I still have aspirations of something bigger. I can't own that 20 acres and still fly a nice bizjet all over the US, Canada, and the Caribbean and maybe someday/somewhere internationally. That day will come I think. I have always loved flying more than what I fly and I hope the day is in my future when I can be happy with that recreational flying that I miss so much right now.

USMCFLYR
The farm kid did continue on to mention that if he stuck with land splitting he imagined that he could buy a Robinson R22 in a few years and fly for himself.

My position is that we all love flying and have our dreams however it has become too costly for the average person anymore. The helicopter guy was making a rational comparison between his career prospects and the cost it took to get there.

I would say that most people would feel the same. Flying is fun but it just demands too much of your life.

Skyhigh