Old 08-31-2008, 11:31 PM
ryguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B777 FO

Originally Posted by Badgeman View Post
What are you saying? Are you saying it's still a good deal? Or are you mocking my disgust with the lack of due diligence that the people who operate the hiring websites seem to think they can live without? I mean, it's the applicant that has to completely divulge every last detail about themselves but the airline thinks it can just posts nebulous vagueries. It's like opportunistically fishing with a dragnet, not caring what kind of casualties arise from essentially "shot-gunning" the market.

BTW: CFI'ing is a far cry from what you call "observation flying". I take exception to your under-informed opinion. I could out-fly any hands-off, degenerated-flying-skill, 4th year F.O. any day, and probably even in his own RJ at that! You try simply "observing" as what amounts to a Captain with cardiac arrest tries ogering-in for the fifth time in 30 minutes. I don't see any FO's having to keep the flight from getting completely lost as he tries to teach his Captain a lesson about the difference between true and magnetic north. If you want to talk about keeping your cool, when was the last time an FO on a regional had to tell the captain 6 times in a row over a 15 second period he needed to stop climbing to stay out of over-lying class C air-space and not scream at him? Oh that's right I forgot FO's on regional airliners get their hands held through class A space exclusively. What about every student that puts you into a real life "engine out" emergency check list at least once during their privates by leaning out the mixture ALL THE WAY. When was the last time an auto-pilot primadona even looked at an emergency checklist while flying? "Observations flying". Ha!

You say, the minimums are just that...minimums...to APPLY. Are you trying to tell me that I actually have to fly 1000TT just to have the "privilege" of applying for a job I know I'm not going to get?? Why would I even send in an application for a job I know I'm not going to be considered for? NO, 1000TT means I will be seriously considered for a job as described at 1000TT. The regional airlines post the minimums that they a HIRING AT, not the minimums you become privileged enough to mail them toilet paper at.
Easy killer, you need to settle down a bit. All of us autopilot lovers have been where you are. This is the way the process has always worked and always will. Those mins are there as a way to get low time military guys into the mix as well as family and friends. Right or wrong, this is the way it is.

Ranting and raving on the board isn't going to get you anywhere with this group. We all paid our dues and have been frustrated over the years. There is no substitute for experience and right now this is what the market dictates.

Do yourself a favor and cool off before posting. Immature rants like this don't help anyone, mostly yourself. If you self destruct it is no worry to me but you are firing away at the people that will be in a position to help you when you do get the experience.