Gets Weekends Off
Clue32
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2007
  • Position
    767 FO
Quote: Would someone like to reference that FAR and/or regulation or ANY regulatory document that states that there is a specific way to fill out your logbook? As far as I know, a log in any form is only required to show currency requirements. As a matter of fact, technically I don't believe you are required to log any of your flight time except for that required for currency.
FAR 61.45

(a) Training time and aeronautical experience. Each person must document and record the following time in a manner acceptable to the Administrator:
(1) Training and aeronautical experience used to meet the requirements for a certificate, rating, or flight review of this part.
(2) The aeronautical experience required for meeting the recent flight experience requirements of this part.
(b) Logbook entries. For the purposes of meeting the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, each person must enter the following information for each flight or lesson logged:
(1) General—
(i) Date.
(ii) Total flight time or lesson time.
(iii) Location where the aircraft departed and arrived, or for lessons in a flight simulator or flight training device, the location where the lesson occurred.
(iv) Type and identification of aircraft, flight simulator, or flight training device, as appropriate.
(v) The name of a safety pilot, if required by §91.109(b) of this chapter.

I'd go with CL65 and if your airline has you fly 2/7/or9's put annotate that in the remarks section. But with that said I log my RC-12K time as just that and not B300 time. I'm not going to change it mid way though so as to keep some sort of standard to my entries.