View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:25 AM
8Lpearlchannel
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Default Problem with CASS photo not showing?

This past weekend I tried jumpseating from my hometown in Hawaii (visiting family and friends) to get back to work. My objective was to j/s from Kona to HNL where I could have a multitude of flights to try to get .

The problem unfolded when I tried to get cleared in CASS with Hawaiian Airlines. The agent said my photo was not showing with a message saying they were not authorized to view my photo and to contact my airline. I offered them to see my passport but the agent and her supervisor said they needed to see my photo in CASS to let me travel. The ruling: they weren't going to allow me to jumpseat.

It was 5:00 pm Hawaiian Standard Time, 10 pm Central... the only number I knew was crew scheduling. They had me call a base manager who was on call... he couldn't do anything for me that late in the evening but I explained that I was coming back from my designated moving days. He worked it out with scheduling and they put me on positive-space out of KOA on NWA to get back in time for work.

When I got to the mainland, I asked an agent to do me a favor and check CASS. She was able to pull me up with no problem. Later I also asked one of my buddies back home who works for Hawaiian as a gate agent to look me up... he did with no problems. My photo showed up with no problems.

My question is... what is the deal with the photo function in CASS? If the photo is not showing, should the gate agent keep trying and hope that eventually it will show? ... will it eventually show?

Thanks