Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by Thedude View Post
Nope, its common in the US to have the cirlcing restriction. Most, if not all 121 carriers do not train to do circle to land.

On jet equipment. Turbo props are another story. MESA -8 crews are trained/approved to circle. I wouldn't doubt that other turbo prop operators are as well.

Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
China CACC will not accept a US license with a circle to land restriction on it. You'll have to go to the sim, spend 15 mins and do a circle to land approach, and have the FAA reissue the license. China will not accept a temp license either. Got to have plastic in hand.
I have yet to hear a definintve answer on this. If your type was done under an airlines approved training program, you might be able to to get an APD do it on a PC, might.

However, if you are thinking about going to an outside vendor such as FSI, CAE, or ANY other facility, it may be a whole different story all togehter and would entail more than just 15 minutes in the sim. Reason I heard (heard only). Going to an outside facility, they will more than likely train to the manufactorer's SOP procedures, which are not the ones you got your type under. Your type was granted under that specific airlines approved program. Hence, they may be required to train/check MORE than just the circle maneuver to get it removed.

If anybody else knows this be to correct or incorrect, please let us know.

Last edited by dojetdriver; 09-02-2008 at 11:07 AM.