View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
WstCstCmtr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by TonyWilliams View Post
I also commute SAN to SLC, on both Delta and SkyWest. I've never had anybody tell me in the past year that an RJ was weight restricted, but apparently this has become a problem with gate agents telling non-revs that, including our own pilots.

I have NO IDEA how they determine this, but believe me, if the seat is on the plane, the SkyWest crew will get you on.

Our company jumpseat coordinator is aware of this issue, and when this happens, we're supposed to notify him so that we can get this stopped.

If they tell you at the gate the "weight restricted" line, first ask them if a seat is physically unoccupied. Then ask to speak to the captain. We need to get this fixed.
Wonder if anyone could tell me if it would be worth asking to speak with captain. I'm trying to get from LAX to BFL. Without knowing the load the gate agent said "it doesn't look good this is a weight restricted flight" I do think it is pretty full because delta rebooked everyone on after they canceled their service.

So is this BS? Should I just go with the flow as normal or should I stand up for myself??