View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 02:03 PM
X Rated
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r

If a NON-ALPA carrier merges with a ALPA represented carrier, then ALPA National will provide all the Legal assistance needed.

TWA and AMR is one example where that did not really happen. There are many stories as to why. I do not know myself as I was not involved. I was told it was due to the fact that with TWA in Bankruptcy, the TWA Pilots had to make a choice. Take their chances with the company's survival on it's own..........or take a agree to void their contracts SCOPE/Successorship clause and take their chances with APA doing a fair integration.
Fair is in the eyes of the beholder. I have no dog in that fight, but Almost all of the Former TWA pilots are furloughed or close to it.
Well, that's somewhat of a stretch. ALPA National barely provided ANY legal assistance to the TWA pilots. If anything, ALPA did what they could to HINDER the TWA pilots so that they could appease the APA--a group that they had been courting quite seriously.

The TWA pilots had the proverbial "gun to the head" as AMR asked, YES, ASKED, TWA to file bankrtupcy. (source: AMR 10K report, April, 2001

The accusations can be found at http://www.twapilots-vs-alpa.com.

X Rated