View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Normann
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320*****

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr View Post
The XC time required at this point in a person's career counts for what is important.....the ATP. There is no requirement that one land at another airport, just that one flies at least 50NM away from the origin airport.

The point-to-point time required for 135 mins is another story.

EDIT: Oops...is there an echo in here? Sorry.
I was talking about 135 requirements not ATP. I don't think I have ATP mentioned in my post. For a reason btw.

135 is often the next step after CFI-ing when the regionals are slow. Most 135 places are happy if they have pilots meeting 135 mins no matter what they have flown. They will not care about an ATP unless it is a jet PIC position which you will never get without time in type. If the industry is doing well you can skip the 135 part and go straight to a regional without an ATP. When regionals were really short just now... you could go to TSA with multi commercial and 200-300h. That was just a year ago. If it is a real bad job, and the rest of the sector is hiring nobody cares what you flew before. ATP just does not seem to be a huge plus, but breaking 135 min surely opens many doors.

Still banner towing is nowhere near the experience of flying 135 or teaching. That is just beyond argument.