View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 AM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
Ok......I just finished 757 school and here is what I learned.

1. Only the left bus tie switch needs to be in auto for the ca's instrument transfer to work. Been on the jet 10 years and never saw that question..........and of course I missed it. Oh, you want fleet stuff, sorry.

2. Fed Ex DID NOT buy our 757s. At least 2 went to the bone yard and no one seems to know who is getting the others. However, they are ALL the 55xx tail numbers or the old jets (that can't take the winglets) like we all thought.

3. NWA will start doing flaps 25(vs 30) landings shortly so we will match Delta. Watch those tails boys.............

4. Lots of work being done on which flight director to use. Probably Delta's due to alot more jets.

5. Yup, probably 767s vs 757s in Asia.

6. Marching orders from WAY above is integration to happen as soon as possible to merge the workforce. One big happy family as soon as possible.

7. Flight Ops integration going well at this point. Delta is assuring RA that flight ops won't be slowing up the works. RA wants the SOC like yesterday. Estimates run from 8 to 12 months to 12 to 14 months depending on who you talk to.

Counted at least 5 or 6 Delta dudes in the cafeteria for lunch at NATCO and everyone was smiling. I got the heck outta there, too many dudes from both companies in ties.

Ferd
We're all happy here you should know that.

Thanks for the info. It indeed will be interesting. Speaking of FD's do you use the V bar flight director? I've flown with both obviously and I must say I prefer the crosshairs. It seems easier to follow and a little smoother as well. If you get them, you will like it. Are they talking about replacing the NWA 757s entirely in Asia with 767s or just augmenting the flying with 767s? I had heard we may using 767s to replace the A330s on some markets over there. Specifically, PDX and SEA to Asia runs.