View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Ferd149
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA

Originally Posted by DAL4EVER View Post
Thanks for the info. It indeed will be interesting. Speaking of FD's do you use the V bar flight director? I've flown with both obviously and I must say I prefer the crosshairs. It seems easier to follow and a little smoother as well. If you get them, you will like it. Are they talking about replacing the NWA 757s entirely in Asia with 767s or just augmenting the flying with 767s? I had heard we may using 767s to replace the A330s on some markets over there. Specifically, PDX and SEA to Asia runs.
Yeah we use the Vbars on the 757 (all the Boeings). But they use the crosshairs on the Airbus', go figure. I grew up on crosshairs (military) and prefer them too.

I don't think they could totally replace the 757s in Asia (thin routes in some places) However, I'm sure all the deadheading has the beancounters attention. What Contential does is take 767s from the west coast thru HNL to GUM then up to Japan and back. Six day trips from what the Contential guys tell me. I may have to bid the 767 in LA just to keep my Saipans .

Maybe an A330 guy can jump in with the PDX and SEA info?

All in all an interesting week. Guess the transition teams like our manuals, especially the MEL book. But, do you confuse 4000 pilots or 7000 pilots. Guess you could do a hybrid and confuse 11,000 pilots

Ferd

Last edited by Ferd149; 09-04-2008 at 12:20 PM.