View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
VF32TomCat
FLL Base, A320 F/O

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: A320 F/O

Well I have being doing some homework they do have one MD-11 from Gemini the tail number is N701GC, and it is in a heavy check, the others are coming I believe from China.

I also read this report from South Florida Business Journal on the internet.

Miami-Dade County commissioners on Tuesday approved job growth incentive deals for three companies, including Centurion Air Cargo, which is planning a $123 million project at Miami International Airport.

The identities of the companies were kept confidential in the applications, but facts surrounding the deals have made some identities apparent.

Centurion, a Miami-based international air cargo, would get $1 million over six years under the county's Targeted Jobs Incentive Fund (TJIF) if it can create and maintain 200 jobs at MIA over six years. The new jobs would pay an average of $37,000 a year.

Centurion executed a sublease from Annapolis, Md.-based Aeroterm, which simultaneously signed a lease for 48 acres in the northeast sector of MIA. The lease -- for 30 years with two five-year extensions -- would pay the county $3.5 million a year, with the price escalating after the expansion.

Aeroterm is to invest $123 million in expanding the 200,000-square-foot facility to 632,000 square feet. That includes expanding and rehabilitating the warehouse and hangar to have an annual processing capacity of 400,000 tons. The site will have 90 truck docks and parking ramps for eight large aircraft.

In a previous interview, Erin Gruver, vice president of development for Aeroterm, said the two-year project would break ground in the third quarter, pending building permit approval, and be funded by his company and Chicago-based CalEast Global Logistics.

Centurion currently has 230 employees at a site it leases on the western side of MIA.

any inputs on this article>>>>