View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 PM
karan812
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2006

I stayed in Tempe for a while going to ASU for my degree, so I decided to get my commercial license at the same time. I flew out of Falcon Field with a small Flight School called Arizona Aviation. I built some hours there last November and did my Multi-commercial with this this July.

I would highly recommend them. They're pretty small, but they have good aircraft in excellent condition. A couple of C-150s, a few 172s that are in really good nick, a 182 with long range tanks and GPS, a Warrior, an Archer and an Apache. The prices are really low and the instructors are smart. The chief instructor's name is Mark Culbertson, and he's pretty good. I flew with him and a couple of others there and they were all very professional and very experienced.

I've flown at some big flight schools, like ATP, and at some little ones and this one was the best overall for quality and price. Falcon is a little out there, but it was well worth the drive for me. Good luck whatever you choose to do! And be careful of carb ice in Arizona, especially in winter. You wouldn't expect it, but it's happened to me more than once.

Last edited by karan812; 09-05-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling