Old 09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by texaspilot76 View Post
I have read a good portion of this thread and would like to give my two cents.

I have been in the airline industry for close to two years now. I was vehemently anti-union when I first came here. Now, due to my experiences so far, and events such as what this thread is discussing, I am now a union supporter.

What Midwest and Republic management is doing is sickening. Midwest pilots will lose their job, only to be replaced by a regional pilot that will do the same job for less. If we allow this to continue happening, there will be no mainline jobs left. We will all be flying Boeings for a regional wage at the end of our careers.

Republic pilots need to stand up and do what's right. Republic pilots need to stand up to management and refuse to fly routes that put Midwest pilots out of a job. Any pilots that do agree to do the flying are scabs in my book, I am sure that most pilots would agree with me.
I share your frustration on this new move by managements. No one wants to this industry to go the way of the "technical support" style where it's all outsourced. Unfortunately the only thing we can do is stick to the contract. Simply not working would have you dismissed from the company. I wouldn't call them scabs.

Gojet/TSA and mesa/Freedom are different because each of those alter-egos were created for the sole purpose of whipsawing their pilot groups. Once the companies were created the pilots then decided to work there fully knowing what was taking place. They didn't simply read about it in the news that they were going to be doing new flying for someone putting more of their pilots on the street.

However by definition the GoJet and Freedom guys aren't scabs as far as I know. I don't believe they flew any struck work or crossed any picket lines did they?

Last edited by ToiletDuck; 09-06-2008 at 07:19 PM.