View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by threegreen View Post
are there any CRJ study websites that i can use. Mainly like technical questions type information (how many TRUs, what does 10th stage bleed air, questions like that)

I do have the a copy of the manual for the CRJ, i am just looking for something that is more user friendly.

thanks
It's been seven years but the CRJ had 5 TRUs that converted A/C power into D/C power. 10th stage bleed was used for air conditioning, pressurization, engine starting and avionics cooling. However, in the event that normal and alternate avionics cooling failed the standby cooling was just a fan. It was a stupid design on the avionics cooling as the normal and alternate cooling shared the same duct. Usually an avionics overheat happened because of duct blockage so you had to go off the standby mode. (Had that happen to me on several occasions)

The electric system was the most complex as I recall. The overkill is the limitations section. They have 50 pages of limitations. Contrast that to my 757/767 book which covers the 757-200, 757ER, 767-300 and 767ER. Different engines, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems. Yet the limitations section is only 3 pages for all the aircraft combined. Maybe its because young guys can memorize better for older guys.