View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
It is certainly your right but in my opinion it is bad form.
First off sport, I NEVER said what I would do. It's not about me. I was just making the point that if somebody wants to go somehwere for experience, that's their perogative. Do YOU see the difference?

I'm not talking about the fact of what you are doing to the company, I'm talking about it from a fellow pilot standpoint. I don't care if you leave, that is your business. I'm talking about coming with the intention of leaving without really giving the place a chance. By doing that you took an opportunity from someone else who may want to make the place a career. You take away a slot that someone may need to change equipment. CX doesn't train 600 or 700 new pilots a year so we can't absorb that.
See above. Besides, do you THINK that CX is the ONLY company to possibly have this issue? I know a guy on the NCA contract. Guys in his new hire class were from CX. Guys from my last job are at EK, they ALSO had guys in their new hire class that came from CX.

As for screwing the company, as you said it is the cost of doing business. Ultimately if guys were to leave in droves it would help us out a bit. Unfortunately that is not the case, I believe we lost around 8 guys to UPS during their last hiring cycle. All that did was make it harder for the guys behind them as the "we were right about these Americans" crowd piped up.
I'm not sure where you get this term "screwing the company from". Again, see above. Again, going somewhere to gain experience is common. Not EVERYBODY sees CX (or whatever other company) as the be all end all of airlines. I'm glad you do. I NEVER said it wasn't a good job. But not EVERYBODY goes to work some place for the same reasons.

Those were very few but they were there. We are relatively new to them and prior to us coming the Canadians were the new guys.

In the end, do what you want to do. It's not like I'm going to stop you. Just realize that your actions affect more than just you and the company. There are a lot of Americans here working to silence that minority, and yes, they are a minority.
Again, my post WASN'T about me.

If you are going to put in the effort to get this job, why not give it a real chance? I could really care less about what you do to the company. Like you say, they would fire/furlough you in a heartbeat if they had to. That said, I don't think they hire with the INTENTION of furloughing you as soon as it is feasible. See the difference?
Again, I NEVER said what I would do. I could really care less what you think about what I said. I also NEVER said I would go to CX just to gain experience. Maybe you could quote where I did say that before you start making all these assumptions about what YOU think I would do.