View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Mason32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Reclined

Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
I've brought some items up to management in the past and received nothing but flack for it. The main line I'm fed is "we're a growing airline and we need team players" but honestly, I'm tired of putting my certificate on the line.
You did your part and brought it to their attention. They have not resolved it, and in fact intimidated you with "team player" crap.

They do not deserve to be in business, they are what is wrong with this industry, and when the accident happens, they will be the first to throw you under the bus, and back it up over you just in case.

Call the FSDO and let them know.

Type a nice letter to your boss explaining the violation. In the last paragraph of the letter, explain that an exact copy of this letter is being sent certified mail to your lawyer, and to the FSDO. The Lawyers copy to remain sealed unless needed in court.

The US postage on the sealed envelope will date stamp for the sealed letter. This job is not worth your license, or potentially your life, or the lives of your passengers.

Do not just simply try to handle it verbally again. It will raise their suspitions and your life there will suddenly get more complicated with poor performance reviews and such. You either have to totally ignore it, or take it on head on.

Better yet, go to the higher up boss, and explein how his/her subordinates are exposing him/her and the company to liability needlessly. Explain that as Director of Flight Operations you would ensure that things like this dont' happen.

Then, take your raise, fly when you want, fire the Chief Pilot and the two village idiots and run the place right....