View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Micro
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Fred,

I've known you since you came on the property and feel that you will make a good rep. However, I'm wondering exactly how you feel about unity within the crew force, especially as it relates to the Age 60, now Age 65 issue. As well, are you planning on producing any documentation as to your plans on that and other issues that now face this company and crew force?

Best regards, and good luck with your campaign.

JJ
JJ, Thanks for the pat on the back. As far as unity within the crew force, I really don't see ANY unity at the moment because of numerous issues over the past year or so (we've seen the reasons here on this and other boards). But since you ask specifically about the age 60 I'll give you my take. I don't see guys (O.K. there's some) specifically pi$$ed off at the age 60+ guys. The law changed, whether we liked it or not, and now we live with it and deal with it and I for one am not going to say that the age 60+ guys. Guys ARE still pi$$ed at the union because of the way the issue was handled. A majority of this crewforce felt like the union didn't represent their wishes on this issue (and others) and that has caused them not to trust the union. I think this feeling (and no unity) will not change until a majority of union reps are changed and the union starts representing its members wishes.
I am planning to publish my views on other union issues but I don't have it complete at this time. Let me say we need work on the contract (to include the LOA) and union communications (which don't even come close to the twentieth century). Any specifics, just ask.