View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
A320fumes
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left
Default rant alert!

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
All East pilots have to do is abide by the binding arbitration they agreed to...
Not....... 80+ year old Nicholau got it wrong, totally disregarded length of service. Mainly due to the fact that we don't have a national seniority list. Fight on East. Most of these guys would do anything to get out of a divorce decree levied by a 80+ year old senile judge, ie Nicholau. Don't think anyone of them would gleefully accept being placed behind a regional, AmWest new-hire, if they had 10 plus years at a major. Don't think DOH wold be fair either.
Kinda shameful that it even got to this point. No way 1 ancient lawyer should have so much say in the careers of thousands of professional pilots. You guys should have been able to work it out amongst yourselves. Nicholau is ridiculous; DOH is ridiculous. I hope you guys get it together before another merger or runaway arbitrator occurs. I support the east because Nicholau abrogates length of service. I would support the West if DOH had been the case because a West pilot had greater career expectation pre-merger.
"it's binding" doesn't make it right or acceptable; actually it's embarrassing that two groups of professional airline pilots have to deliver their fates to a lawyer to sort them out. I think it does a dis-service to all of us when we have to let a lawyer settle pilot disagreements. Nicholau is wrong; DOH is wrong. Make us all proud and, put your selfishness/resignation aside, and work this thing out "in house". You guys should have more integrity than any ceo or lawyer. You're both screwed if someone else buys you. Good luck.