View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Spaceman Spliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 757/767 FO
Default DAL "Yes" Voters: Take a hike.

Oil is racing below $100/bbl.

The company is on track to make an incredible amount of money from "synergies" (i.e., furloughing me).

The amount of money the "new" Delta stands to make simply from the credit card company who wins the bid to hold DAL's frequent flier card could have singlehandedly supported far higher pay and QOL for all of us.

"I told you so" doesn't even come close to the appropriate response to your unimaginative, visionless, spineless, "strategy" in the joint contract negotiation.

DALPA and you "yes" people touted this as the fastest way back to restoration. I call BS, and thank you for screwing all of us out of thousands of dollars and huge quality of life increases we could have had with a little leadership and foresight.

You have turned this new contract into the baseline, into what we will have to chip away at in 5 or 6 years just to get a respectable cost-of-living increase, to say nothing about your laughable assertion that we can get "restoration" in several years when we have ZERO leverage, while DALPA was unwilling to even attempt to make a dent with all the leverage in the world this time around.

I hope to return DALPA's favor in kind one day. The moment I have the chance to volunteer for, vote for, contribute financially to, or in any other way propagate the creation of a new union, I will.

Until then, please know that I hate everything ALPA, DALPA, and you "yes men" stand for, and will do everything I can to pay you back in kind.

Lee Moak, union stooges, et al, I sure hope your free trips to the Cheetah Lounge and kickbacks from managment made this all worthwhile.