View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Ukie2340
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Arrow Yay, another new guy.

Well, yup. Its another one of those boring, dull, new guy question topics. Unfortunately I cannot avoid this step, even though people are really tired of answering the same things over and over again. I have just a few questions if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out a bit.

Just so you know, I'm a senior in HS and have wanted to become an airline pilot ever since I was taken into a flight deck when I was little and playing with most of all the knobs and stuff. Anyway I have an ultimate goal of becoming a pilot and wanted to find not necessarily quickest way but the best, meaning as in quality and price. So, the questions... (just a fair word of warning, I am fairly incompetent about this sort of thing so if I am wrong please feel free to correct me)

1) Can you recommend ANY college, in the NY, NJ, PA area, that has a fairly good flight school program which can carry me pretty much from beginning to end meaning getting hired with a regional.

2) Is there a way to go to college for a non-aviation or aviation degree in which right after you could sign up to become a Warrant Officer with the military and fly Rotary or Fixed Wing.

That's all I could come up with at the moment so if you would please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!