View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Originally Posted by 7576FO View Post
As far as the ex TWA pilots response above, it is interesting how people only remember the good things about their previous employer. They remember none of the bad stuff.

In the short time before my furlough from American, I can remember both jumpseating and operating under American's procedures and it was noteworthy how long-winded their briefings were and how distracting and ergonomically inefficent some of their procedure were. For instance, my experience recalls that the Capt on the taxi-out did most of the work, while the F/O sat there and marveled what it would be like to be a Capt. In addition, I never got the fascination with the whole turn on/turn off the checklist items, light-gadget that was unique to American Airlines aircraft. From student pilots to airline crews most of use a piece of paper to challenge and respond.

Finally, in reference to the hand gernade you threw out regarding TWA ? Please thrill us with how this relates to a pilot getting busting for taxiing slow.

Maybe it's just my humble opinion, but whenever I run into former TWA pilots they always always always say how they miss TWA mostly because of the people that worked there. Whenever I come across former AA pilots here at UPS they always say how thankful they are to have left AA and the reason...the people and the infighting.

So yes, as a former TWA employee, still furloughed from AA; I do have fond memories of TWA because of the co-workers I worked with. Apparently, this sentiment is something not understood by American Airlines employees.

FF