Thread: CFII Help
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
jared4271987
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Cessna 172 Right Seat
Default CFII Help

Hi all. So the boss is pushing all standard CFI's to get their CFII before a big upcoming foriegn student boom at our school. I have been looking around for books that would help me in this but the only things I have really found are the exact same materials that I learned my instrument rating with. I was hoping to find something that reads from an instructor's perspective such books loaded with hints, acronyms and all that fun stuff we use to memorize this bulk of material. I haven't been instrument current in about 2 years now. I did a flight "for fun" with a fellow MEII in his client's Citation 2 a month ago and pretty much had my IFR butt handed to me on a silver platter. So at this point the more dumbed down the book, the better haha. I'm more than confident that I can shake off the rust really quick with my IFR flying but it's that massive amount of rules, regs, and ground work that gets intimidating.

Also, I've heard that you can actually use your CFII ride as an IPC which can save a little $$ which is always nice. Anyone else able to second that? Thanks everyone! - Jared