Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Mitragorz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: C402, on the side with the switches!

They are hiring. They had an open house last weekend. It was mainly for potential Captains, but I asked Gene if everyone was welcome (I'd be trying for an FO position), and he said absolutely. I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I checked in, I was asked if I would be interviewing today... I told him I hadn't planned on it, but I sure can. I went and got some things out of my car, used the computers in the lobby to print out a Letter of Recommendation (they wanted one, but since I hadn't planned on interviewing, all I had was a few copies of my Resume and Cover Letter).

It was more like an interview than an open house. They had a room setup with different pamphlets about the company and some knick-knacks (pens, stuffed airplanes, t-shirts, etc.), but it wound up being the attendees waiting in a room shooting the breeze while waiting to be called for an interview.

Anyway, Ed Braz told me that I'd know by today about their decision, but I haven't heard anything yet. They are still hiring, though. I overheard some people talking about them adding new routes, so it sounds like they're continuing to grow. Robthree could probably confirm that.