View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Brian12
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Default beginner with several questions.

I've wanted to fly since I was a kid and I've decided to give it a shot. I've been up a couple of times before and the first time wasn't that great of an experience. The instructor didn't really seem like he cared and I questioned whether or not I wanted to fly after that initial experience . My second time up was much more enjoyable and the instructor really seemed to know his stuff and showed me quite a few things. I would have liked to have taken lessons from him but the company he worked for seemed shady. So I passed.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to go about finding a good instructor? Also, what should I be looking out for so I don't get ripped off? I've been lurking on the board for a couple of days and I keep noticing people mentioning 141 and 61. Can someone tell me what this is? I know it has something to do with the structure of training. Any information that you could give me on how to start out would be helpful. By the way, I'm 29, single and I have no kids. Hopefully I'm not trying to start to late.
Thanks