View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by normajean21 View Post
i took my instrument the other day. got a 78 on it. the guy at the front desk at meach asked me what my grade was and i told him. he replied a 78 is as goood as a 98. now i know that making a 98 rather than a 78 doesnt the difference in getting a job. but what if it was something else. what if it was your attitude? here is my scenario. im in school to get an associates degree. there is certain work i refuse to do however it will not cost me failing the class. i will get a passing grade and it wont be an a. which obviously will hamper my gpa. well if u put me next to someone with a 5.0 and i have only a 2.0 and i have the better attitude who would get the job? its arguable but in retrospect it is impossible for that employer to know whether i slacked off for that 2.0 or i worked very hard for it. which leaves me with the question. could attitude really and truely be everything?
Another way to look at it is your attitude doesn't spell success for the job. If you accept being a minimalist in school and during training for your exams, than you do not have the drive to study hard enough to pass a type rating or prepare for a major interview that takes months of preparation. At DAL, I believe you need to score a 90-94 on the written exams in the interview to even make to the face-to-face interview. Attitude helps push you to overachieve at what you do. That will get you the job. Lots of passengers I fly think it would be 'cool' to fly a big plane........great attitude, but it won't see them to the job.

Also, unless your 16, try putting some caps at the beginning of your sentences.