Thread: Losing Steam
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
250 or point 65
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Oh yeah, I went through that same feeling. I think that everyone goes through that to some degree with anything long term in life. I suggest you take some time off, because you shouldn't be getting burnt out this early.

Even if its only a weekend off, or a week off, just give yourself a chance to miss it.

You sound like you are in this for the love of it and that you will end up respecting your profession when you get there, so please take this to heart:

Many people are (on this forum) looking for the fastest way to do something, but try to look for the best way to do it instead.

Am I disappointed that the captain I'm flying with this week graduated a year after me? A little. However, I would not trade the path I took to get where I am for anything. If I spent all my time worrying about why I'm not a 777 captain at 26, I'd go nuts. I have goals, but I'm going to do things the best way, not necessarily the fastest.

(a little off topic, but i mean hang in there. the reason people take vacations from life is so that they can come back refreshed, maybe that's what you need in aviation. who knows, you may get your goals done faster if you allow yourself the time to love what you do instead of racing to the finish?)