Thread: Losing Steam
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
atlmsl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATL

Originally Posted by jsfBoat View Post
I'm the feeling same way, but it's not because I'm worried about the studying, just the financial aspect. I want to do this, and will continue to push my self, but sometimes there just isn't enough coal for the fire. It doesn't help being 26 and knowing that other 26 year old pilots are F/Os or Captains at regionals and knowing I'll be an "old" man when I finaly get there, but there's nothing else I'd rather do for a career. I appologize for my rambling.
Originally Posted by Bons View Post
OK, I will admit within a little over a year, and at my own pace, I got my private, instrument, multi comm inst, and single comm add-on. Now I'm working on my CFI and feel that I'm getting frustrated and losing interest in aviation because of the actual amount of knowledge and prep it requires for the CFI (and I don't want to fail the checkride numerous times like some of the instructors i've had!). I've always wanted to be a career pilot and don't want to lose currency because of a little frustration. I'm just wondering if anyone has felt the same way some time in their aviation training career. Thanks for listening
Now you are emotionally ready to be a CFI. I had this same feeling towards the end of mine. I wanted to quit so bad because I couldn't get my checkride scheduled, I was falling into debt without a job, and had no motivation to study anymore. Now when I hear about a CFI course in two weeks it makes me want to puke. You're so much more prepared now because you have given all you can give (in your mind atleast). This will make you a better insructor and a more mature pilot! Keep your head up!