Thread: Losing Steam
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Krafty1
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2008

I would agree with everyone here, I just finished my checkride today and passed on the first try. I signed up for a 3 week accelerated course which only took a month from start to checkride but during that time I'd never been more stressed out in my entire life. As you've found out, the topics are so many and so broad you really do have to try to know everything. The good news is most examiners know your pain and while they won't make it any easier, they don't expect you to know everything but they expect you know where to find it so COME PREPARED! I can't emphasize that enough, I opened up all but 1 or 2 of the books I brought and I brought all that I could fit in my flight bag and everything I can carry.

I certainly don't think you're alone financially either. It really sucks knowing I'm already almost six figures in debt from flight fees/tuition and I'm still having to pay to fly just to get a poor paying job but I love flying and I'm sure you do to so just stick with it. I know myself and the others in my class all found ourselves studying to the point of questioning ourselves/asking ridiculously anal,detailed questions/being stressed out when we were studying and stressed out when we weren't. All of us passed on the first try if thats any encouragement