View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Utah
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: RJ Captain

Originally Posted by dontsurf
I really have only 2 more questions, and then there just aren't possibly anymore to ask. Thanks again for everyone's help. Regarding Skywest:

1. Do you have duty or trip rigs at all? What about for reserve days? Is there a minimum of pay on a reserve day if they use you? What about airport or ready reserve?

2. How long are your trips? Some airlines build trips no more than 4 days long, per contracts or whatever. In your lines, I suppose you have 1 day trips, 2 day trips, etc. Is there a maximum? Do you also get 1 full day off after 6 days of work?

I guess those were multiple part questions. I'm done...seriously. Thanks!

Duty guarantee of 1 hr pay for each 2 hours on duty. Premium pay for anything scheduled beyond 12 hours of 1 to 1. This is only based off how the pairing originaly appeared in the bid packet not the actual time on duty. No trip rig. Reserve pay would take me a little to long to describe so I won't go into much detail. 75 hour guarantee based on 20 days of 3.75 hours per day. You can fly 73 hours then sit around on call for 5-10 more days and will still only receive 75 hours of pay. Fly over 75 hours and each day of reserve will pay 3.75 hours or the greater of which you worked. Airport ready reserve almost always accompanies the end of a reserve shift. RR credits 1 hr of pay for each 2 hours on call.

Trips range from stand-ups at a few domiciles, to anything from locals to 4 day trips. Occasionally, we'll have a few five day trips. Some of the smaller EMB domiciles have local trips only. A majority of people here probably are doing 4 day trips. The 24 hours off in seven days is exactly that, not a calendar day. Rest in domicile can be as little as 8 hours.