View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Originally Posted by flyingkangaroo View Post
I don't think he was playing it short term, If I remember corectly I think he was talking about selling before the announcement of the reverse split impacted the stock and then buying back in, if that's the case he might have a gain on his investment. Let's see what happens with the RS and 3rd Quarter profits due out in november. Watch for less then anticpated loss. If that happens he might be up a descent ammount. The market is down as a whole, it's at a 3 year low. If you look at the the XJT BETA it's something like 2.5 so it should move 2.5 times whichever side the market goes. It's an extremely volatile stock.

If the RS does go through it will leave 50 million shares outstanding. Looking at SKYW they have over twice the ammount of shares outstanding (110 million) and are sitting at about $20. let's say xjt returns to a level of profitability only a 1/2 of what skyw is, You would expect to see the stock price of xjt at $20+. That is still a huge return on what would be 3.60.
Very good point, I'm hoping that I can purchase around 6000+ shares after the split at around $2.40 per share or less. If they return to profitability, which I fully expect them to do, then I can completely see their stock increasing to over $10+ over the next 12+ months.