View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:43 AM
stoki
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: bar stool

Originally Posted by 121PyLut View Post
...because we are still in the mindset, "it's all about getting to the majors"...even though nowadays (as you all know) those majors are not paying as good as they were back in the day...we seem to be stuck in that frame of mind...

Thats right. The majors arent a great place to be anymore, either. The HUGE reduction in terms and conditions/wages that happened after 9/11 ruined some of the things to look forward too in this career. What kills me most is the groups gave away so damn much, and they will never see it given back to them. Every inch you give to management, you will never get back.

Management always seems to blame their failure to remain profitable on the pilots and how much they make. As if pilots pay is their full expenditure, how about their crappy management of the airline? Why should we pay for their mistakes? Never should have taken those concessions, at least not as big of ones as were taken. Even if it meant an airline going bust.

I just hope that all the starry eyed kids, who just got through watching "Catch me if you can" do their homework before starting flight training, and realise it's not worth it anymore and pick a different career path... because if people still continue going into this in the current numbers, knowing that the light at the end of the tunnel is just a freight train comming your way, this career is doomed.