View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Trufactor7
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by OpsControl View Post
701 is apparently going to Centurion. It is (was) due for a C-Check sometime in September 08. That C-Check was needed even when it still flew for Gemini.

702 is the aircraft in TPA. Was in C-Check when Gemini ceased ops, but C-Check was nearly done. It was missing an engine though. One of the wing motors was removed and shipped over to Europe to fix a blown motor on 705.
My understanding is that 702 will be going to WOA

703 and 705 just went over to TPE for C-Check and paint, both of them are supposed to go to WOA. 703 was due a scheduled C-Check anyway (somehow August 22 comes up in my head as the expiration date of the last C-Check). 705 actually had a C-Check done earlier in the year, but was taken to TPE also/anyway, for paint AND in order to give WOA a 'clean' aircraft...

One of the lingering questions is how Centurion so quickly should be able to get an MD11 onto their certificate. I didn't think they were ATOS compliant with their DC10s, and in that case, adding the MD11 would have meant that their DC10s would have to be made ATOS compliant also if they added a different type to the certificate. That would mean a lengthy process to get it approved by the FAA... BUT it could be that my 'ATOS understanding' is just too rudimentary....

A/C 702 departed TPA yesterday around 7pm heading to PANC..is that where WOA took the delivery ?