View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
BravoBackup
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Default It was basic math

Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
I completely agree with you that I know land with more gas than before.

However, I have to credit you if a typical landing fuel was 20K prior to this. All too often most guys answered the how much gas they want question with: "all of it."

I'd say across the board it probably does save AMC money, I suspect majority of pilots now land with less fuel than they did before. I still think it's kind of dumb, numbers are still too high, but....
My rule of thumb was 20k/hr to account for alternate, holding, descent/app/lnd and enroute/reserve. Now I use 20k/hr + 10 (contingency fuel). The next time you have a multiple leg msn where you tanker fuel, look at the stored fuel for leg 1. It will include subsequent leg holding and alternate fuels. This isn't required since that's already taken into account in the leg 1 fuel. The only fuel needed in stored fuel of a multiple stop msn is block 1, 2, 3, and 6 from subsequent legs. If I divert on the first leg I need to get more fuel anyway to account for recovering to my original destination. No to mention my CDD is not shot anyway.