Thread: Commuting
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Skygirl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by CargoBob
The guy has lived in two places...and now the expert. Did you stay in a Holiday Inn? I agree w/ some of what you are saying...I lived in Burlingame,CA and San Jose, CA among 12 other cities in my life. I am no expert either but every place on this Earth has a plus and minus. I love Norcal and Boulder but I love my 4700 square foot home in TX w/ a 3 car garage on 2.7 acres...I really love my workshop behind my house next to my pool where I keep my ski boat for the almost daily trips to the pretty decent lake 2 miles from my front door and my boy's motorcycles where they ride all over the front yard...Bought most of this for the sale of a 1500 sq foot townhome in Burlingame. I know I would never be able to afford all of this in Norcal or Boulder!!!!!!!!!!So I will take the August heat in TX and enjoy the lake and even though the terrain is flat, I get my fill when I hit the slopes of beautiful Colorado for a 10 day ski trip. You can't have everything...you must prioritize the important things...I'm not even from Texas!!
I don't exactly see why you have to disparage Ryane over his post. He was nicely answering the other guy's post. Those of us who live in Northern California and other expensive places are quite aware of what we could easily buy if we sold our places. You don't see me posting here about when I sell my house in the Bay Area and how I could move anywhere and almost retire. I too, could move to anywhere in Texas and buy almost anything I want and probably pay cash for it. Should I boast about it in a Big Texas Style?