Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Spaceman Spliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 757/767 FO

Originally Posted by Badgeman View Post

I take exception to your under-informed opinion. I could out-fly any hands-off, degenerated-flying-skill, 4th year F.O. any day, and probably even in his own RJ at that!
Bro, the more experience you have, the more you realize how little you know.

The true professional aviator is humble, willing to learn, and completely in touch with his/her limits and shortcomings. I feel I have more to learn now than I did as a private pilot.

I would never, EVER let my family fly in your airplane. I highly doubt you could pass an interview with your attitude, regardless of your total time.

Sit down, shut up, and try to improve yourself until such time as you are competitive for an interview somewhere. And count yourself lucky if you can get an interview anywhere.

There are no shortcuts, and there is no fast track to a $300,000/yr job, which is apparently what you're angling for. Everyone pays his/her dues. And so will you.

Have you considered a more suitable career for yourself outside of aviation? If not, I strongly urge you to do so. I am not optimistic about your chances of living--much less succeeding--as a pilot.

And lastly...switch to decaf, Twitch.

Last edited by Spaceman Spliff; 09-24-2008 at 08:34 AM.