View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Accumulator, First of all, welcome to APC. There's one or two other mechanics that participate here occasionally, and it's good to have you. As for your post, you're right, it wasn't up to this boards' "usual standard", as there were no spelling, punctuation, or sentence structure errors in your writings and so you'll have to work on those issues for your future posts.

Personally I'd love to see you guys unionize, not just for yourselves, but in part to show the other work groups within FedEx that organization is possible, regardless of where you work. I know you face an uphill battle in your quest for unionization, one that, thankfully, the pilots didn't face, and that is the fact that you guys are spread out throughout the entire FedEx system and yet, like us, you are all one class and craft. It will be tough, and I'm sure the Company will fight you every step of the way, but believe me, if you are successful, you will enjoy a much better work environment as well as gain some control over how the company treats you.

Perhaps this subject is not talked because there are very few mechanics who participate here, and quite frankly, we pilots still have our own union issues to deal with. As for the pilots supporting your organization drive, and assuming you're successful, your union, I would suspect that we would be a very big advocate for you, and support you in any legal way we could.

Best regards, and again, Welcome.

JJ