View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 AM
stoki
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: bar stool

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Haven't been to Warsaw but was in Krakow. Auschwitz is a must if you can make it. The saltmine tour was very much worthwhile.

If you see beer titled something like Tyskie or Zwijeck (Spelling is off but close enought to remind you when you see it) stay away. Terrible, terrible beer.

You can probably hire a cab to take you to some tourist destinations outside of the city. They'll likely wait for you if you ask. The Polish love Americans, the women are unbelievable, and almost everyone speaks english.
Do not stay away from Tyskie or Zywiec. My 2 favorite Polish beers. Tyskie recently took the #1 spot. Better then any of your domestic U.S beers, is for sure. But thats just my opinion. As far as Warszawa, I cannot help as I have not really spent much time there. But it is one of my least favorite Polish cities, at least if I was to pick a place to live anyways.. but I guess that won't concern you. I know there are plenty of things to do there. But its the busiest city in Poland, everything is very much work oriented, which is why I don't like it. The people are too uptight. They say make your money in Warszawa, and spend it in Krakow.