View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Chase87
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default Delta Connection Academy

I know this one will get hit hard as all the other have in this forum. I was hoping to ask some questions (Sits back and expects the worst) about the Delta Connection Academy. (Yes, I've taken the time to research all the topics regarding DCA). I found that, most of the complaints regarding DCA was the cost with a few mentions of being "talked down to".

My thing is this, alot of these posts I read were, "He said, she said, they said, I read" kinda thing. Very few were from actual students. I understand that alot of people may have lost a great respect from DCA, but I'm just trying to find the best solution to get to where I want to be. With money being no factor (Yes, no factor in this case) - is DCA an academy that will succeed in getting me hopefully to the regionals with a strong dedication and motivation? I've checked out the other schools and ATP seems to be a top competitor. However, it's too much like a chain (Or so it appears). If someone can give me factual advice (Other then cost figures) about why this academy is the worst, I would like to hear it. As I stated above, I'm looking for a guality, brand-name (Yes, I am a devoted Delta member, lol) flight school (Not FBO) that will help achieve my goals. Also, I saw alot of posts regarding the hiring and pay that these airlines offer. I'm not looking to be the next second richest person or even close. I do however, want to fly. My schedule is VERY flexible. If I was a DCA student I would be devoted 100% for the entire two years without question. No job, just the academy. All finances paid. So, after being very flexible, not worried about cost, or what pay a job can offer me down the road... is there anything else? Another reason why I should not attend this academy? Or better off, why should I attend another school?

Thanks taking the time to read this guys. I appreaciate it and not trying to set off any sparks. I've loved flying and regardless of what school I believe I will attend, I know I will make it some how. Just gathering more opinions. Thanks again!

-Chase